Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My First Awkward-Marriage-Explanation-to-a-Customer-Service-Rep

I called the insurance company to add Michael's apartment to our insurance policy. This was the conversation:

Jamie: I need to add my husband's property to our existing insurance policy.
Insurance Agent: Are both names already on the account?
JB: Yes.
IA: And, who am I speaking with?
JB: This is Jamie.
IA: Let me pull up your account...OK, so you wanted to add your wife to the policy?
JB: No, my husband's property.
IA: I already have two people on the account.
JB: Yes, but there's one new property to add.
IA: So, you want to add your husband's property?
JB: Yes.
IA: Is this Michael's property?
JB: Yes.
IA: And who am I speaking with?
JB: Jamie.
IA: And, you want to add your wife to the policy?
JB: No, my husband is already on the policy.
IA: Are you a male?
JB: Yes.
IA: So, we're talking about two males?
JB: Yes.
IA:...OK, I can help you with that.

Well done! The whole process (after the initial confusion) was quite painless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job. Funny I have to find out about this from your blog. Thanks for taking care of that for us.
Love,
Michael

Mark in DE said...

Good thing that most Customer Service Reps are younger people who can (finally) put two and two together. Can you imagine what it would have been like if you'd been talking with 57-year old Myrtle Greene???

Good for you, that you used the term 'husband' over and over until they "got it". :-)

Mark